Two Peas in the Pod


Sunday, June 27, 2010

Junk Gypsy

After obsessing over too many issues of "Country Living," (my favorite magazine) I decided I wanted to go antiquing in Brenham. My bff Nicole pretty much has the same obsessions of people's old stuff, so she obviously wanted to join me! And we had a fabulous time!!
I will say when we arrived in Brenham, we were absolutely starving!! We drove around looking for restaurants and seriously, I don't know where people who live in Brenham eat because they have about 2 restaruants. We ended up at a "K-Bobs" and if you have never eaten there, I wouldn't recommend it.
Alamo St. in Brenham has quite a few antique stores, most of which are really expensive, but it's still fun to look! My first find was an amazing $10 picnic basket, which I LOVE! I'm gonna make Jared take me on a picnic fo sho!! As we were leaving a store, Nicole found an incredible $5 trunk. I am pissed I didn't find it first!! Those were our only purchases in Brenham. We decided to stop in Navasota on the way home at an antique store. We hit the jackpot of junk! I came out with an old stuffed chicken (why you ask...I'm not sure...but I couldn't leave the store without it) and an old gas can, which is super cool! Nicole found a big barrel.
We have decided we are going to start traveling around Texas going to antique stores. Our loves are going to hate it, but we love it!
I am in the process of redecorating the boys' room...why you might ask...because Hudson started climbing out of his bed!! Such a big boy!! We are going from pastel frogs to cabin chic, which had a lot to do with my purchases of the day. I recently bought an antique tackle box and reel on ebay for their new room. Can't wait till it's finished!

My Inspiration Piece for the Boy's Room


Antique Tackle Box


My stuffed Chicken

Old Gas Can, Picnic Basket, Antique Reel

1 comment: